Thursday, November 7, 2019

It's Not Goodbye, But See You Soon...


I've been trying to find the words to say as I share about Dad. I have sat down several times and had to get back up and walk away. My heart is so heavy. I apologize to those who have been praying and following his journey. I'm so sorry if it seems like I'm avoiding you or ignoring you. I'm so sorry it's taking me a while to return phone calls and messages.

I guess I felt like when I finally posted something, things would be...Official. I'm not sure I'm ready for that just yet.

My Father, Russell Blanchard went home to the Lord on Sunday, November 3rd at about 2:25 in the afternoon. The Lord's Day. In the now providential prayerful words of my Uncle, "It was a good day to go home to Jesus." It was peaceful and you could feel the presence of God as he breathed his last breaths. He was surrounded by those who love him deeply.

I am so thankful to have been able to spend this time with him...heartbreaking but so very precious. I will treasure each and every moment. The time spent with family praying, laughing, sharing memories, and the many tears shed will forever be etched on my heart. 

And then those very last moments...When you knew...You just knew...Heart wrenchingly beautiful. If that even makes any sense. Desperately wanting to go back, to hold on, but knowing he was free. It was a bittersweet exhale. No more pain, released from the agony of this fallen imperfect world and in the presence of God. 

I will forever be grateful for the extra time God so miraculous gave Dad...I would be lying if I said it was enough. It's never enough for us, is it? But, it was perfectly enough for God. And, I trust Him. 

Dad, I love you so very much. I praise God for the gift of you in my life. I am so honored to be your daughter. You have been such a wonderful father. A true example of selfless love. Thank you for your honest and sincere heart. Thank you for your love of Christ! I will hold you with me always. And, although my heart is aching and I already miss you so very much, I know this is not goodbye, but instead, see you soon! Because there are no goodbyes in Christ! 

And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. To him be the dominion forever and ever. Amen.
~ 1 Peter 5:10-11

"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”
~ Revelation 21:4

Until we meet again Dad! 



1 comment: