Thursday, May 5, 2016

Faith of A Child

Last night while tucking my little 5 year old Bryanna into bed, we talked about the day and what she learned in Bible Club. She said that they learned about kindness and that Jesus wants us to be kind. But then she looked down at her blankets kind of sad-ish.

I asked her what was wrong and she looked up at me and said, "Mama, you were angry at me today."

I actually forgot what she was talking about and asked her what she meant.

She said, "You got angry when me and Bella and Joshy were fighting with each other."

I said, "Oh yes, I remember..."

She interrupted me and with lots of tears she said, "I wasn't being kind to them."

She then hugged me tightly and said, "Mama, I'm so sorry for not being kind."

I hugged her tightly back and with tears in my own eyes I said, "Oh sweetie, I forgive you."

I asked her if she wanted to pray and ask God to forgive her too. She nodded, yes.

We prayed and asked God to forgive us when we aren't kind, we asked for patience with each other and loving hearts. We thanked Him for His kindness and forgiveness to us. We thanked the Holy Spirit for showing us when we do things that we shouldn't.

She looked up at me and smiled. I hugged her, gently played with her hair and kissed her goodnight...

When I laid down I thought about my anger that day, the anger I had forgotten about but my Bryanna remembered. Was I too angry? Was I harsh and impatient with my words? Was I unkind to my children who were stressing me out to the point of anger?

I asked God to forgive my unkindness too...I thanked the Holy Spirit for using the precious repentant heart of my little girl to pierce my own. I thanked Him for His laborers willingly serving and teaching His little ones in Bible Club. I thanked Him for His kindness.

I pray the Lord continues to draw my little girl...as He continues to draw myself.



"Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."
~ Matthew 18:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment