Friday, March 12, 2010

Did that worm die for my sins too?

So, the kids found a dead worm just laying there all gross, squished, and lifeless!!! Bella (my beautiful little 3 year old) gets a "deep thinking" look in her eyes and looks up at me and says, "Mama, did that worm die on the cross for my sins too?"
Trying not to laugh, I look at her very serious like maybe I'm in "deep thought mode" also, and say, "Ummm, well, no Honey, I think he was probably just smooshed by a foot or something."
She then thinks and thinks and says, "Ya, 'cause only Jesus died on the cross for my sins, right?"
"Yes Honey, that's right", I said.
"And, Jesus is alive now, He's not dead on the cross anymore!" She said with great authority.
"He is watching me in heaven. He always knows when I do bad stuff and then He get's mad at me when I do bad stuff." She then said with a teary eyed look.
I asked her, "Honey, what's wrong? Are you ok?"
She then finishes and says, "So, then I tell Him that I am so sorry, and then He forgives me and get's happy with me again!"
"Yes, Honey that's right", I said, kinda giggling a bit.
"YAY!!!" She squealed, her big beautiful chocolate brown eyes sparkling as ever!!!
She then danced a very silly little jig and even sang, "Uh-Huh, Oh ya, Woo-Hoo!"

How so sad she looked when she realized that God sees when she sins against Him. How sad she looked when she realized her "doing bad stuff" displeases Him. Oh, but how full of joy she was when she also realized that our amazingly loving God forgives her when she comes to Him!

How precious of a reminder this was for me this morning! God, my loving Father has and will continue to forgive me (and not think on it again, ever) when I come to Him and truly confess and repent of "doing bad stuff" (Acts 3:19 & Psalm 103:12). How amazing, how truly gracious, merciful and loving of a God we have! When we come to Him for forgiveness, in faith...We are washed clean, forgiven, and guilt free!

Thank you Dear Lord for your loving forgiveness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment